California Baptist Physician Assistant
AHA Certification Program
The CPR Hero Training Center is ranked #1 on Yelp in offering engaging American Heart Association courses for healthcare professional students. Students will have hands-on practical skill environments with scenarios and our ALS Equipment (Lifepak Monitor with Defibrillator, Cardioversion, Pacing, EKG, NIBP, Sp02), and ALS Manikins. Classes are video minimal and rely heavily on practical application in emergent case scenarios with full mega code cardiac arrests and team dynamic communication. Students will be challenged in dynamic cardiology and with both clinical & pharmacological interventions in order to produce high quality clinicians that can manage their future Code Blue Cardiac Arrests during rotations or as practicing PA’s.
In conjunction with AHA ECC Director Michael Pham and the clinical faculty at Cal Baptist University – PA Department under Dr. Allan Bedashi, Prof. Jennifer Holman, Prof. Heather Ontiveros, and Prof. Mary Ann Stahovich, the team has improved upon previous class cohorts to produce an effective and engaging two-day course for advanced and pediatric life support for the P.A. Students at Cal Baptist University. All students should have already taken a EKG & Pharmacology / Introduction to ACLS lecture in 2019 in order to be successful.
You will be awarded certification by AHA in the follow disciplines upon successful completion of all written examinations (BLS, ACLS, PALS) and practical examinations (megacode ACLS/PALS) on Day 2:
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers – 2 years
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support – 2 years
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support – 2 years
- AHA – Advanced Airway Management (For P.A.’s considering Operating Room or ICU/ER specialties – requires successful intubation monitored by Course Director).
- AHA – Electrocardiology Interpretation & Pharmacology (If student attended class from Guest Lecturer Michael Pham and passes class for Day 1 & Day 2).
Seats must be confirmed and registered by deadline of Friday, January 10th, 2020. Registration button is on bottom of the page after course details.
Course Certifications & Prices:
CBU 2-Day Package with FIVE Certifications – $380.00 (originally $600.00)
Please note that ACLS and PALS textbooks are MANDATORY for this course. You can purchase them as an add-on at the time of registration for an additional $90. Please note that the ebook is actually a physical textbook.
- BLS – Basic Life Support – 2 years
- ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support – 2 years
- PALS – Pediatric Advanced Life Support – 2 years
- AHA – Advanced Airway Management
- AHA – Electrocardiology Interpretation & Pharmacology